Monday, June 17, 2013


There's this thing called babywearing. It's believed to have a lot of benefits for the baby. I never thought of it that way. I always regarded it as assisted carrying, thus the baby carrier. Whenever I use the sling, it's when I'm otherwise carrying the baby. It's not like I'm one of those women who work in the fields with an infant in tow, just like in the photographs. So I can't say it's because of the supposed benefits of babywearing, unlike the decision to breastfeed and use cloth diapers. We've tried the stroller but she didn't like it and it can be cumbersome anyway. I have two carriers that were lent to me and one ring sling, none which I have already got the hang of. The carriers are a bit bulky to put in the bag when not in use. As for the sling, I think it's OK, not really super happy with it. Maybe I need more practice or it's the kind of fabric. It's frustrating when I can't adjust it because the fabric folds and gets stuck in between the rings. The one problem I'm having the most trouble with is the red marks that appear in her thighs and the back of her knees. I still hope I would be more efficient at it. She seems to like the closeness.

1 comment:

  1. We tried the ring sling as well yesterday and it was difficult to use nga. So far I'm happy with the mei-tai. We used it at the mall and Ace slept the whole time. Score!

    ReplyDelete