Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Turn A Shirt Into A Romper. Quick.


Does exposing your belly really cause gas? Old wives' tale or not, I still hate it when my baby's shirt or dress rides up. So I bought some white cotton shirts to turn into rompers. And this one's very simple and quick. Everything is hand sewn! The shirts I got came in a pack of three. I looked for these in the kids section because the ones for infants are too small. The shirts have to be the right length, not too long. 

The bright one-piece above is one of my favorites and it's my inspiration for this project.

I started by fixing the closure. I don't have snaps so I used buttons. Instead of buttonholes, I sewed loops of elastic. Now for the legs. Make a tiny slit in the hem, right beside the snap or button or whatever you're using. Make the size of the slit just enough for your elastic to pass through. Now you have an elastic casing! Use a safety pin to thread the elastic. Keep threading until you reach the closure on the other side. Make sure it's not too tight around the baby's thighs. Sew the ends, do the same on the other side and it's done!


I added some embellishments using scraps of cloth. There! Sleeveless rompers for the hot weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment